Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sophie Kinsella

Look, I am not usually a fan of novels...or books with all the words to blur my vision.
I hardly ever finish reading one. The last one I did was my Form 5 literature book which i don't really remember whats the title anyway. Something to do with pearls i think.

Two weeks ago, I got this sudden urge to read Confessions of a shopaholic mainly because I wanted to taste what people feels like reading difficult thick books like Harry Potter and Narnia before watching the movie just to have a better understanding of the whole plot.

I read it and I wish I watched the movie first before reading it. I kind of got carried away in my thoughts of whats going to happen and theres a lot of expectation from me out of the movie.
Although I did not thoroughly enjoyed it but I really like the movie. If its exactly as the book in the movie, why even bother watching it right?


And recently, I bought another 3 books by Sophie Kinsella, the same author of Confessions of a shopaholic. And I have made my way finish reading the book "Can you keep a secret"

And I think its too good! Lol. Its easy to understand, and for me, I can easily click and connects myself into the story and I kind of start to wish it would turn into a movie as well.
Its so damn funny sometimes, the author's remark and how she made it sound so real that I already have kind of playing "this" imaginary movie inside my head!

Its so addictive that I finish it in one day and a half. For I think its quite fast for me.

I like her books, I like how she portray the characters. Although I think half of it sounds like Becky Bloomwood. Its fantastic nevertheless.

So last night I finished reading it and I kind of imagined IF it were to be a movie, who would be Emma Corrigan? And I thought for a while and weirdly, I thought it would suits Kate Hudson best. I dont know why though...for I dont really take hollywood actor actresses seriously. I can hardly remember their names except for some.

Guess what, I just browse through the internet for some emma corrigan and sophie kinsella.
And I was shocked to see that this story is really going to be a motion picture!
And Emma Corrigan IS KATE HUDSON.

God. Now I want to guess who acts as Emma's boyfriend Jack Harper. lol.

Fantastic. Now I'll have to buy the rest of Sophic Kinsella's book, and I'm broke.

5 comments:

ashe said...

omg!!may may reading book??..and it's not only thin ones but thick ones??!!...good for you girl!! continue reading more and more books!!.hehe...

Eve said...

what ashe said. :P

Drizzles said...

haha...actually, i cant really believe myself reading thick books...where i have actually finished 2 whole thick books. and to believe myself even writing book reviews here.
must be the heat...i think

Anonymous said...

i know why you like sophie kinsella..

and emma corrigan..

Drizzles said...

see? you get the point when you read the book.
so animated. the whole thing. haha