Monday, August 24, 2009

Goal Calendar

After having been trained in The One Academy for 3 years, I realised that I cant really survive without a deadline. And without a target, a bull's eye.

I have been working for a year and realised that I didnt achieve anything thus far. Not portfolio, not winning any competition, no freelance whatsoever. Everyday is just routine, doing the almost same thing month for month by now.

Thats why I thought of setting some goals for myself, short term ones of what to achieve in 2 years. That will be 104 weeks, 730 days. Quite plenty if I really made use of it.


Some people works 20 hours a day. I certainly cant do that anymore. I'm old for goodness sake.
watched UP the other day and realised that really, the adventure is out there. Nothing's gonna happen for real if i keep staying in the same circle, shying away from what is...out there.


I have always had this thought, that is to be able to work overseas. But if I never had a timeline for it, it will never happen.

So, I thought of this GOAL CALENDAR. I worked well with deadline, in fact, cant really work without it. I worked better with things that has some limitation thats why.

What this goal calendar does is to set a goal in a timeline and to be able to accomplish it.
Treat it like a final assesment...and will be graded, so I wont be so half assed about it.

I plan to design it, that is to suit everyone that feels like they need to accomplish something in life...

I do have the rough idea on it though...

1) GOAL
2) DEADLINE
3) ACTIONS
4) OUTCOME
5) ANALISATION


Key things like SWOT analysis. But its a very very initial stage, I hope I could give it more of a thought, figure it out exactly what it takes and needs to accomplish a task.
The loopholes, the design of it in every page and the format of it...whether or not it should be in a book, or it works better with a big ass manilla card, or small notebooks, stick ons, and so on.


It feels like an idea, i need people help me expand it...well, for those who dont think that its stupid.

It would be great if it could be improvised, making it easier and effective achieving something shortterm. At the very least, it makes me feel like i really live everyday doing something.

So, any ideas?

2 comments:

Eve said...

It's "analyzation."

Having goals in life is what, I think, gives it meaning. It solidifies dreams and aspirations in a way, though one should always be prepared for the less-than-pleasing outcome.

I think it's a great way to get one's life a bit more organized and give your journey a path and direction to walk on. Wish you all the best with your idea and achieving your goals. Keep us updated on the outcome. :D

Drizzles said...

thanks for the spelling error.

i will work harder on it.