Sunday, November 9, 2008

Left hand

And i was wondering how many people are right handed and how many people are left handed.

Maybe u think i had too much of free time.

Today my mom had a conversation with our neighbour saying that she hits her daughter's left hand because she's a leftie basically. And what's more amusing is...the parent herself IS a leftie.
Her reason was...when she's young no one taught her that she can't use her left hand.

Ok...now...whats wrong with left hand? Is that a sin? Left hand are meant to be handicapped and its appearance is just to look balanced? What differentiate a left hand and a right hand anyway?
Right hand is more "right" to use? Untill now i still don't get it.

My mother's side contains a lot of leftie. My mom is not one of them but half of her siblings are leftie because my grandmother is a leftie. But she is being beaten and forced untill she is uses her right hand. Ok, then i thought its because her era is different from ours.

I myself is lefthanded and i always wonder why am i a left handed. This is because my family has no leftie and when i was young i always thought that its unfair why mom and dad can hold my sister's hand to write while i dont have the same priviledge...

There's also a case that my cousin who's now a teacher is a leftie originally...but was beaten by this teacher and forces her to use her right hand. Then now her teacher's daughter is being teached by my cousin and the little girl is a leftie. How to explain this? Did that teacher hit her own daughter for being left handed?

And most products are created for right handed people such as cutting blade, camera, etc.
But i dont hate that fact that i am a leftie because it trained me to use quite a balance of left hand and right hand. I use my right hand handling the mouse. I use right hand to twist bottle cap. I use right hand to use a camera.

I think that human are created equally. We got two eyes two ears. I was wondering why didnt those people uses only the right eyes to see and the right ears to hear? I think that using the hand that is most comfortable to ourself is the "right hand".

And to think that most people untill now dont know where is left and where is right...

5 comments:

Chrystal Giam said...

AGREE! GO LEFTIES!

oh yay! we could use this to start a project...

It'll be called...

"What's left, what's right." LOL

Drizzles said...

cool!!!!
lets lets...

Anonymous said...

Our right brain controls our left side of the body and left brain controls the right..

But..

In the left brain, nothing is right and in the right brain, nothing is left..

So, what's the difference being a left or right handed?

Drizzles said...

cool....
i like your last phrase...

mizuraesa said...

i'm a leftie also and i don't care what people say, i think lefties are a hell of a lot cooler! ;D we're special!

i have a friend who is right handed and she is jealous of me coz i'm a leftie and she thinks lefties are so cool. so everyday, she practices to write with her left hand! crazy aint it?