Friday, August 15, 2008

Skirt

In the previous post, i mentioned i plan to sew my very own skirt.
Its my first attempt sewing something to be worn...
Usually, the things i have the courage to sew is small bags and pouch and such.

2 hours for measuring and cutting.
4 hours spent on sewing.

What hasnt been done is the finishing such as the buttons, and the hem of the skirt that needs some final touch...haha


Work in Progress:




















Now this is the skirt and my one of my best friend, my mom's sewing machine.

This piece of cloth is bought long long time ago and initially, i was going to turn it into a vest or slack. But i think it would be good to start off with something easy first.

And the frusfration is that...should i turn this piece of sewn cloth into a low waisted skirt, high waisted skirt or into a top? It works 3 ways....its humongous enough

Or maybe a shawl also no problem. just a little ugly.



















Another thing that makes me hesitate to sew in the buttons are...
how am i gonna place the buttons?
there are thousands of ways to put it.
Above are one....



















I guess this one is more of a common one...
























Or maybe i could turn the leftovers into a big bow. Might look ridiculous...but i love bows.
Maybe just a little too big and loud.

























A better view of the skirt. Its actually checkered but very very subtle.
Seams are sewn in greyish blue thread so i made it possible to wear it with the scarf i bought the other day.


Maybe i should post up the new stuff ....for my own eye candy. and maybe yours.

1 comment:

Eve said...

I can't wait to see the final result! ;)